2013-06-04

Message #9

There has been a lot of buzz about "the yellowish cat picture" at the office over the past few days. I've been working hard to get a hold of it and finally today I succeeded! I must say I'm pretty proud of myself at the moment. I knew who was currently working on the cat picture and I also knew where he kept his backup disk. When he went to get some more coffee (lucky the coffee consumption is pretty high at the office), I sneaked in and changed the backup disk to my own. Then I just waited until he took the daily backups and changed the disks back.

And this is what I found...

The yellowish cat picture

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth!

    A friend of ours solved this one too, with a little photoshop it makes a QR Code that leads to the following text:

    TS:2049-12-31-23-59-60
    In 2018, the LOLCat Apocalypse had already paralyzed the entire society. People blamed Avecira Solutions and the project Toilworn Diamond for the agonizing destiny they had faced. However, at the same time, they realized that they were also partly responsible for it. Fortunately, a genius invention was made while investigating vulnerabilities in the Hypertext Transfer Protocol. The invention made it possible... goo.gl/4rZLl


    That URL gives another picture, which you can also photoshop to give you another QR Code that leads to:

    ...to send information back in time. However, there are many limitations and the sender has no control over the mutation that happens while the message is traveling through time. For example, message that is sent as a text can mutate into binary code representing the ASCII values of the characters, or the text can be included in images in several ways. Therefore, it takes tremendous amount of cleverness and skill to be able to read the messages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Jehane and your friend! "With a little photoshop" ...no idea how you can get a QR code from a cat picture with photoshop, but clearly there is tremendous amount of cleverness and skill reading this blog. Nice job!

      Delete